Thursday, November 10, 2011 by
| | Cory Cooper MBA 2004
- Concentration: Finance and Entrepreneurship
- Pre-Degree Industry/Field of Work: Marketing
- Post-Degree Industry/Field of Work: Finance
- Undergraduate Degree: B.S. in Marketing
- Undergraduate Institution: Saint Xavier University
- Current Employer: Ally Bank/ Commercial Credit Analyst
- Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ccoopercfp
Q & A with Cory...
- Why did you return to school to obtain your Graduate Business Degree?
I returned to school because I wanted to increase my opportunities for advancement in not only my career, but in my life.
- Why did you choose UIC Liautaud?
I chose UIC because of its recognition in the Chicago business community, large alumni base and flexible programs. At UIC I was afforded the opportunity to study two passions, Finance and entrepreneurship.
- What has been the most unexpected gain resulting from your Liautaud degree?
The meaningful business and personal relationships that I made.
- How has your Liautaud experience influenced your career to date?
The business world demands that you always adapt to change. I now have the tools to adapt and leverage change to capitalize on the opportunities that change always presents.
- Which course or professor was your favorite and why?
I seriously loved all of my professors, because they brought real world perspectives into the classroom.
- What was your favorite aspect of the UIC Liautaud program?
My favorite aspect of the program is its flexible structure, which gives you the opportunity to really broaden your experiences.
- How would you define the Liautaud student?
Determined, motivated and hardworking.
- Now that you've graduated, what advice do you have for current and/or prospective Liautaud Students?
Be "all in." Apply yourself day in and day out and good things will happen.
To learn more about the Liautaud Graduate School of Business, meet with a Student Ambassador or schedule a class visit, click here to send your request to our Admissions team.