Tuesday, November 29, 2011 by
| | David Henkes MBA 1996
- Concentration: Business/Marketing and International Business
- Pre-Degree Industry/Field of Work: Federal investigation
- Post-Degree Industry/Field of Work: Marketing consulting
- Undergraduate Degree: B.A. in International Studies
- Undergraduate Institution: American University
- Current Employer: Vice President at Technomic
- Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/henkes
Q & A with David...
- Why did you return to school to obtain your Graduate Business Degree: I had a classic Liberal Arts major and realized I need more practical, hands-on experience and knowledge. Business school was the avenue to obtain the skills I needed.
- Why did you choose UIC Liautaud: Chicago is a very attractive city and UIC provided the best opportunity to study as well as obtain an international internship. My 6 month stint as an intern at Nestle Germany was invaluable.
- What has been the most unexpected gain resulting from your Liautaud degree: The experiences in Germany definitely impacted my attractiveness as a candidate to my current employer. Those experiences along with the top notch education and lifelong friendships were things that can't be replicated.
- How has your Liautaud experience influenced your career to date?: As noted, working for an international food company made my resume stand out. The courses in marketing, accounting and finance have all shaped the consulting work I do for my clients.
- How would you define the Liautaud student: Liautaud students are hungry and ambitious. They typically work harder and make sure they prove themselves time and time again.
- Now that you've graduated, what advice do you have for current and/or prospective Liautaud Students:
Study hard but don't miss out on the opportunities that cross your path.
- Is there anything else that you’d like to share with the Liautaud community?
I was a UIC Loyalty Award winner in 2010.
To learn more about the Liautaud Graduate School of Business, meet with a Student Ambassador or schedule a class visit, click here to send your request to our Admissions team.