Wednesday, January 18, 2012 by
Aaron BassMBA Candidate 2012
- Concentrations: Marketing and Management
- Industry/ Field of work: Pricing Analysis, Sales, IT Audit / Manufacturing
- Undergraduate degree in: Finance
- Undergraduate School: Morehouse College
- Career Goal: Business Leadership Development Program / Consulting
- Organizations involved with: MBAA
- Linkedin Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-bass/1/190/5b3
Q & A with Aaron...
- What prompted you to return to school to achieve your MBA?
I knew that earning an MBA was essential for my growth as a business professional -- it’s something that was always on my radar. Enrolling as a part-time or full-time student was the big decision I had to make after committing to returning to school.
- What was the most important factor for you in choosing an MBA program (or factors you considered)?
An MBA in and of itself is great to have -- Liautaud in my opinion provides that degree at the best value.
- Why did you choose UIC Liautaud for your MBA?
As previously mentioned, the incredible value, also Liautaud has allowed me to explore interests that don’t directly relate to my major but will be important to future leaders in our constantly changing business world. I’ve taken some MIS and International Business classes that have reshaped my outlook due to the excellent course content and the professional experience/backgrounds of my classmates.
- We all know that people pursue the MBA to increase their business knowledge, but since you have started the program, what has been the most unexpected gain the MBA has given you?
Understanding how to inspire those who follow you, as a leader, the importance of establishing a clear vision and how much more focused effort and strong working relationships are than brainpower in running a great business.
- The UIC Liautaud MBA professors are continuously involved in researching new business trends and innovations. How have you felt the professors have been able to integrate their theoretical knowledge into practical applications? Do you have any examples?
Enterprise Information Infrastructure Planning & Security with Dr. Liotine taught me a lot about past experiences in system administration and what to expect in the future from info tech as the best businesses will figure out how to effectively leverage IT. He was able to draw on his expansive professional experience and use current events to guide case discussions.
- Which class/professor has been your favorite thus far and why?
Professor Moon’s Consumer Behavior class challenged me to really dig deep when trying to understand how a customer thinks and how to use fact-based research to support my ideas.
- What is your favorite aspect of the UIC campus and why?
Basketball at the rec and walking home after class and being able to see one of the city’s many incredible views of our world-class Chicago skyline!
- How would you define the Liautaud student?
Smart, practical, diverse and focused.
- What advice would you provide to incoming UIC Liautaud MBA students?
Make an effort to get to connect with as many people as possible - Have an open mind - Figure out how to manage your weaknesses and play to your strengths
To meet with a Student Ambassador or schedule a class visit, click here to send your request to our Admissions team.